I'm done. Done with education for a life time, and I know what some of you thoughtful people are thinking 'you never stop learning' or whatever, but I finished school and education is over. HAH. I win.
Now, (that felt good) I've got one week here in Bville and then I'm off. Throughout my adventures thus far I've met a lot of life changing people and I also learned that friendship is meant to last forever. This becomes difficult in the US today, with our ba-gillion things to do and the terminal-nature of so many activities in our lives. It seems that when an activity like HS, college, even something like a student orginization ends, so do the friendships built there. I'm working on a hunch here, but I think that's wrong.
This blog is not a solution. But a start, and hopefully a resource for folks who really don't want to stop when the world says we should. I will be working hard to stay in touch from my end, but it will require a lot of work from both sides. Here are some things though that have come to mind as I think about how to do non-geographical friendship:
Letters
Skype
Gmail with Gchat
Phone calls (I'm verizon if that helps entice anyone) and even a quick text message is enough to let each other know what's new
This is what I've got for now, but more on this later.
2 comments:
Good blog Rus. I really enjoyed reading about your first few days as a missionary.
What is your address? I'd love to write you a letter or send you a care package from time to time.
Post a Comment