Monday, January 22, 2007
Some thoughts from the rails
As I finished up work last Friday. I pulled the extension cords into the warehouse, nailed the back door shut, and Duddy locked up the front. Climbing into the box truck that WDMO now owns I needed to let the diesel engine warm up, so I sat there a while as Duds started back towards the house.
As I was sinking into the driver seat of the truck I found myself staring across the road, across the tracks at this piece on a standing boxcar. I quickly remembered TJ and our excursion into the Bunge. 'He would love this,' I thought jumping down from the front of the truck and making my way across the now deserted road.
There were a few pieces up and I meandered down the rail lines snapping a few photos as I went. After taking this last one I turned to return to the now warm truck and was astonished at what I'd mindlessly missed. There behind me, tucked up under the overpass I had wandered beneath was someone's home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What are we looking at here? Where is this?
Rus is this where some homeless people stay in Indie? praise God we are there!
Yeah Rus the urban adventuring has not ended, just moved to more cities. We still have to hit up "satan's cave." Thanks for your posts, their great.
TJ
Post a Comment